Ideated by Mariella Caputo, sommelier, restaurant owner and master olive oil taster and sensory designer Astrid Luglio, the Famiglia Oliva Collection gives personality to the olive oil tasting experience. Each piece in the collection is handmade by the Neapolitan craftsmen of Rua Catalana in tin-plated brass and copper and is characterized by archetypal shapes. Their names signify the three fundamental elements for cultivating an olive tree:
Gea (the earth) is used as an oil dish for dipping bread, a welcome ritual that evokes ancient traditions while enhancing the tasting olive oil tasting experiencing
Elio (the sun) represents the ideal quantity to add to your dish, the perfect dose for stimulating well-being and avoiding waste and oxidation.
Pigi (the Spring) introduces the olfactory experience by arousing the sense of smell. Through the perfectly shaped opening, you breathe in the sweet, intense smell with a natural gesture. Immediately after the sense of taste is triggered, ensuring an even circulation of the aromatic components in the mouth.
- Material: Tin-plated brass and copper
- Gea: Height 14 cm, Diameter 12 cm
- Elio: Height 15 cm, Width 15 cm, Length 5.5 cm
- Pigi: Height 7 cm, Diameter 5.5 cm
- Ideated by Mariella Caputo and Astrid Luglio
- Designed by Astrid Luglio for Eleit.it
- Handmade in Naples, Italy by Rua Catalana
- Complete tasting set for olive oil presenting and tasting
- 3 pieces total in the Famiglia Oliva Collection
- Used for serving and tasting olive oil
- Handwash only
- Do not microwave